OUR GROWTH IS CREATING PROMISING FUTURES.
With the recent opening of Centegra Hospital-Huntley, fresh and progressive opportunities are dawning for patients and health care providers in McHenry County. As the second health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® status, the newest addition to the Centegra family of hospitals has created growth-friendly openings throughout our system. If you seek a career where your professional development is a shared priority between you and your employer, we encourage you to explore a future with Centegra.
REHAB PROSPECTIVE PAYMENT SYSTEM COORDINATOR
Centegra Hospital, McHenry, IL
Demonstrating consistently professional leadership qualities and acting as a model of clinical excellence, the individual we select for this vital role will ensure the timely and accurate completion of the IRF-PAI for each patient admitted to the rehabilitation unit. Reporting to the rehabilitation administrator and the medical director, this person will gather clinical data from various sources and verify/edit the information to ensure accuracy in scoring the functional status of each patient. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Working closely with rehabilitation departmental leaders, staff, administrators, and medical director on education and performance-improvement activities.
- Providing ongoing in-services and education to all rehabilitation clinical staff on the FIM scale and scoring and any additional functional-mobility scoring tools.
- Overseeing outcomes reporting with the assistance of departmental leaders.
- Ensuring the timely, complete, and accurate encoding of the Medicare IRF-PAI data to CMS.
- Communicating with medical record coders for appropriate ICD-9 codes and comorbidities.
- Reviewing patient medical records to ensure that clinical/financial/medial cording coding is in compliance prior to transmission and offering feedback to staff/supervisor.
- Interviewing staff, patients, families, and caregivers to understand patient status.
- Monitoring facility compliance with the CMS rule for rehabilitation admissions.
- Attending rounds and weekly team conferences to communicate/collaborate with the interdisciplinary team for target LOS and discharge planning relative to patient CMG.
- Analyzing/interpreting outcomes data and collaborating with department leaders to apply it to program-evaluation/improvement activities.
- Providing ongoing training for staff on the appropriate use of the FIM and other tools.
- Collaborating with site leadership to implement changes/updates related to Medicare laws and new regulations affecting inpatient rehabilitation facilities.
- Consulting with the rehabilitation clinical liaison on potential admissions/referrals related to impairment group coding and the percentage of compliance on the unit.
- Assisting the admissions coordinator with unit admissions as needed.
- Successful completion of one or more of the following appropriate clinical professional degrees: nursing, PT, OS, and/or ST.
- Current clinical licensure for the state of Illinois.
- Three or more years of clinical experience in an inpatient rehabilitation facility.
- FIM credentials.
- Training in the use of PAI software.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, as well as strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The ability to implement change in professional practice based on research results and in conjunction with a collaborative professional team.
To explore career opportunities and apply online, visit centegra.org