Are you ready to change lives? Want to tap into the prestigious Mayo Clinic Network? Looking for your next success? Then Guthrie awaits. Whether you’re seeking the next step in your career or an exciting new challenge, this premiere institution is for you!
Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking, innovative nursing leader whose passion for the delivery of outstanding patient-centric, compassionate care. This award-winning 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Regional Level II Trauma Center serves as a hub for Guthrie Health System which is a growing organization currently encompassing four hospitals, a Research Institute, Home Care/Hospice, and a multi-specialty group with more than 290 physicians/175 mid-level providers.
POSITION OVERVIEW & QUALIFICATIONS
The Nurse Manager provides clinical nursing and administrative leadership for inpatient labor and delivery services at Robert Packer Hospital’s First Impressions Birthing Center, and serves in a consulting role to Labor & Delivery services within the Guthrie Clinic system. Promoting an interactive, positive culture, the Manager develops collegial relationships, and allocates available resources to support efficient, effective quality patient care. Working collaboratively with medical staff leadership, the manager contributes to the strategic planning process, day-to-day operations, and integration of consistent standards of care, policies, procedures and attainment of organizational goals, as well as the clinical coordination and oversight of Obstetrical Services for the Guthrie Clinic. This position has twenty-four (24) hour accountability for all Obstetrical Service operations located within the main hospital and reports to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Directs and develops nursing activities and staff; is accountable for the delivery of nursing services in a medical facility. Develops, implements, communicates, and interprets nursing policies and procedures that adhere to the State Board of Nursing and State Nurse Practice Act requirements, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with other government agency laws and regulations.
- Enhances the financial and clinical performance of assigned areas by partnering with all stakeholders.
- Directs nursing service activities for assigned patients in the delivery room and birthing units.
- Assigns duties to auxiliary and obstetrics staff nurses. Supervises the preparation and maintenance of obstetric patient clinical records, and compiles reports on obstetrics staff performance and medical services rendered.
- Maintains established inventory standards for medicines, solutions, supplies and equipment, and accounts for narcotics.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing; Master’s degree in business, nursing/healthcare related field preferred.
- Nurses must have up to date licensure by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing (or ability to obtain licensure).
- Experience managing budgets, strategic initiatives and recruitment and hiring processes.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships with doctors and other clinical professionals in a hospital setting.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with both experience and achievement.
Please call KORN FERRY FUTURESTEP CONTACTS, if interested:
Senior Client Partner, Healthcare Practice
Senior Associate, Healthcare Practice
Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.