Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse ( Full Time / Day Shift ) at our Providence Saint John's Medical Center MDSJ location in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)implements delegated patient care functions under the direction of thePhysician, Health Clinic Practice Manager, Health Clinic Operations Manager,and the Director of Practice Management.
- This individual performs these functions according to established healthclinic standards of care, standards of practice and within the Vocational NursePractice Act.
- Responds appropriately topatients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope ofservice of unit/department where assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of program for Licensed Vocational Nurse and current licensure in good standing in California
- Current LVN license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Fluentability to understand oral and written English directives, includingEnglish text.
- Abilityto perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks
- Abilityto accurately and efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Abilityto organize and prioritize work to complete assignments in a timelymanner.
- Abilityto establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented)working relationship with patients, families and co-workers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bilingual:Spanish speaking, Armenian, Russian speaking, etc strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years medical officeexperience preferred
- Recent, hospital or clinicdirect patient care experience on an acute, sub-acute, ambulatory, orskilled nursing facility preferred.
About the location you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Location: California-Los Angeles
Req ID: 149692