The Director of Emergency Department is responsible for planning, organizing and direction of the overall operation of emergency services for Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Waxahachie. This role offers an opportunity to lead a high volume ED department under the direction of a dynamic well respected CNO. This role is located in a facility which opened in 2014 and experiences strong community engagement and support.
- Plans, organizes and directs the overall operation of the Emergency Department (and Employee Clinic if appropriate).
- Organizes departmental personnel and equipment in order to maximize efficiency. Coordinates activities within the department. Assigns responsibilities to personnel; and determines staffing needs and scheduling requirements.
- Develops short-term and long-term goals and objectives for the Emergency Department (and the Employee Health Clinic if appropriate) which are congruent with the needs of the hospital(s) and community.
- Oversees the development of, secures approval of, and administration of operation budgets. Oversees the development of and secures approval for capital equipment purchases.
- Oversees the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to the operation of the Emergency Department (and the Employee Health Clinic if appropriate).
- Oversees the interviewing, hiring, orientating, scheduling, counseling, evaluation and termination of personnel in the Emergency Department (and the Employee Health Clinic if appropriate).
- Oversees the proper use, repair and replacement of departmental equipment and supplies. Establishes and maintains appropriate stock levels of supplies and medications.
- Attends educational seminars and institutes through professional organizations and represents BSWH at schools and other institutions to enhance and maintain an awareness in the community and promote Baylor Scott & White Health standards.
- Promotes BSWH through positive interactions with patients, families, visitors, physicians, police, press, ambulance personnel, and other hospital personnel.
- Serves on appropriate community Emergency Services committees and various in-house committees to promote emergency services and employee health relations.
- MSN required within an agreed upon timeline (following appointment or promotion to position) timeline not to exceed 4 years
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- 5 to 8 years related experience
- Registered Nurse
- BLS Certification