Under supervision, the incumbent of this position provides professional nursing care to clinic patients. Works collaboratively with the providers within the team setting to facilitate quality care for the patient.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers treatments in accordance with
2. Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids provider during treatment,
Examination and testing of patients.
3. Observes, records, and reports patients' condition and reaction to drugs or treatments
4. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in
Emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
5. Greets patients and obtains well-documented history and vitals. Prepares patients for
Physical exam. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
6. May perform the following tasks in accordance with established procedures and as
Prescribed by applicable licensure/certification:
Obtain/record vital signs; perform initial assessment on patient; coordinate patient
Transfer to hospital and/or discharge; give telephone orders; accept telephone test
Results; perform telephone triage; call in provider approved prescription refills;
Specimen collection including stool and urine midstream; catheterize patient;
Removal; ear irrigation; administer breathing treatment; give
Allergy/insulin/immunization medications to adult and/or pediatric patients; give
Intramuscular and/or subcutaneous injections to adult and/or pediatric patients; give
Injections Z track to adult patients.
8. May perform the following tasks after providing verification of completion of special
Training Blood collection venipuncture; audiometry exam; titmus vision screening; EKG;
Administer electrical stimulation; assist/process biopsies; draw blood from portocath;
Assist endoscopy, start saline lock or IV fluids and monitor IV fluids.
9. May administer IV push medications and/or add medications to IV only after completion
of special training and only under direct supervision of licensed practitioner.
10. May make arrangements for patient testing and admissions.
11. May be required to have a working knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and
12. Responds to incoming telephone calls and (per provider instructions) calls in refills and
Prescriptions to pharmacy.
13. Per provider and/or established protocol, instructs patients and/or family with regard to
Medication and treatment and documents the same.
14. Formulates and updates patient care plans. Orders, prepares, and inspects patient
Charts. Posts tests and examination results. Reviews patient's tests and examination
Results with provider; documents instructions and notifies patient.
15. Maintains patient files, records and other information in a professional manner following
Policies and procedures regarding documentation.
16. Ensures preparation of exam rooms including re-stocking of treatment areas.
17. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
18. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licensure
19. Follows the CHRISTUS Provider Network guidelines related to the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized
Disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
20. Maintains strict confidentiality.
21. uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear,
Positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
22. maintains established CHRISTUS Provider Network policies, procedures, objectives,
Quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
23. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS
Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Provider Network's cultural
24. Supports and adheres to CPN Service Guarantee.
25. Performs other related work as required.
Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with individuals of various education levels including physicians. Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an understanding of human anatomy and physiology
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. English required, bilingual (English/Spanish: English/French) preferred
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.