Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As the Director of Cardiopulmonary Services with Banner Estrella Medical Center, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Cardiology and Respiratory teams! You will have the opportunity to build relationships with the goal of making an impact on our patients and your direct reports. Steadfast to safe, kind, effective, efficient, evidenced-based and high quality clinical care, outcome focused and solution oriented.
This is a full time, day shift opportunity.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Estrella Medical Center is a 305-bed acute care hospital providing a full range of health care services to the fast growing communities of west Phoenix. Opened in 2005, this is an innovative, fully electronic facility that features electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry, digital radiography, sophisticated ICU monitoring and much more. In fact, we've been named one of the "ten most innovative hospitals in the country" by Newsweek Magazine and are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. The hospital is also designed to provide a soothing, healing atmosphere for both patients and their family members. We encourage the use of such therapies as pet therapy, aromatherapy, spiritual care and Reiki Therapy.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for the clinical care of patients with multi-system needs and diagnostic evaluations. This position provides leadership, direction and support for clinical services in the pursuit to achieve quality outcomes, reduce costs, and shape and interpret the standards required to ensure a high degree of patient, physician and employee satisfaction. This position may also have responsibilities for other facility specific patient outcomes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Plans, directs and monitors clinical care. Provides advice, counsel, feedback and coordination to promote a collegiality between staff, physicians and the leadership team.
2. Ensures that development of clinical care services leads to outcomes supportive of the facility and organization's strategic plan. Design and implement processes to ensure regulatory and standards of safety.
3. Provides direction for process improvement activities, including the establishment of performance measures to attain optimal clinical, operational, financial and satisfaction outcomes. Directs the collection, analysis and presentation of data on utilization patterns and other program outcomes.
4. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. Developments goals and objectives in accordance with company standards.
5. Manages the financial and capital resources for services by monitoring operating revenue and expenses, establishing and maintaining cost control programs and developing and implementing new or revised programs and/or services. Develops and implements strategies to work with all external customers to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
6. Develops and oversees the department budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals.
7. Assesses patient satisfaction in areas of responsibility; sets a high standard for staff and leadership to improve patient satisfaction as measured by survey scores.
8. May lead other clinical disciplines.
9. Facility wide responsibility for clinical services provided to patients in scope of responsibIlity. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, and other health care members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care, ensuring effective communication systems and facilitating decision making in clinical practice and business related issues. External customers: Patients and families regarding patient care issues; physicians regarding patient care and program development; agency vendors and contracted services; staff from other health care agencies/providers and community/professional organizations; and JCAHO, state, federal and community agencies regarding compliance with laws and regulations.
Requires a level of business and clinical knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelors degree in business administration, health services administration or related field.
May require current clinical and/or administrator licensure in state of practice based on regulatory requirements and clinical scope.
Must possess significant knowledge of healthcare operations and leadership typically achieved with seven to ten years of experience. Must have considerable experience with appropriate age specific patient population in the area of responsibility. Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy. Must also possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, contract negotiation, conflict resolution and oral/written presentation. Requires strong working knowledge of clinical area or areas of responsibility.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master's degree.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.