At Banner Health, we believe that "leadership matters" and is a key component to providing excellent patient care. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence, and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Banner Health is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse Professional Practice Director for Phoenix, Arizona. This Registered Nurse Professional Practice Director is 32-hours per week supporting Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendal, Arizona. Previous experience with Magnet is required!! If you are interested in this Registered Nurse Professional Practice Director position, please apply!!
Should you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at email@example.com or call 970-810-6347
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is accountable for collaborating within the scope of nursing practice to operationalize the visions and strategies of nursing within Banner Health (BH). Provides visionary leadership in collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officers to individuals and interdisciplinary teams that ultimately serve to optimize nurse and patient/ family outcomes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Partnering with Chief Nursing Officers to implement and oversee professional practice strategies intended to enhance the delivery of clinical nursing care and the professional growth of staff. Strategies include, but are not limited to: Utilizes the organization's professional practice model to integrate professional practice standards into nursing structures, processes and practices. Promotes and encourages positive outcomes and nursing accountability for the enhancement of patient care through nursing peer review. Promotes and fosters an environment that assists with achievement of identified goals for nursing engagement, shared decision-making and staff empowerment through ongoing development and implementation of Shared Leadership and recognition programs. Fosters an environment of professional growth through activities such as: national certification; advancement of academic education and continuing education; and dissemination of new knowledge, improvement and innovation. Collaborates in the development of innovative strategies to build a culture of professional excellence and reliable patient care.
2. Cultivates Shared Leadership serving in a capacity that is fluid based upon needs of the organization and maturity of the Shared Leadership process to include but not limited to acting as the lead, resource, mentor, coach and facilitator.
3. Serves as a resource on matters pertaining to professional practice as defined in the Nurse Practice Act and interpreted by the State Board of Nursing. Acts as a consultant to develop and promote nurses practicing at their full scope.
4. Works with BH Professional Practice senior leadership to support the advancement of nurse empowerment, patient care and quality outcomes at assigned facility. Serves as the primary resource, oversees and/or implements Magnet(r) Program or Pathway to Excellence(r) Program activities on behalf of the organization's journey toward excellence and recognition. Collaborates with the Magnet Director to establish timelines, activities and initiatives to begin and/or sustain Magnet and Pathway to Excellence designation. Serves as a primary resource and/or oversees NDNQI-related activities.
5. Promotes a spirit of inquiry to optimize nurse and/or patient/ family outcomes through utilization of the latest research findings, systems analysis, and performance improvement principles; serve as a resource for the implementation of evidence-based practice and nursing research projects in collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officers and the Banner Nursing Research experts as needed.
6. This position has oversight of professional practice within a facility in collaboration and partnership with the Chief Nursing Officers. Interacts with all levels of employees, including system, regional and facility management and employees. External interactions are with applicable regulatory institutions and professional nursing organizations.
7. If/when functioning as the Primary Nurse Planner: Has the authority within the organization to ensure compliance with ANCC accreditation program criteria that pertain to the operations of the provider unit. Has the responsibility for ensuring the provider unit adheres to the ANCC Accreditation Program criteria for all operational aspects of providing continuing nursing education activities and criteria that pertain to the operation of the organization as a provider unit. Has the responsibility for the orientation of all nurse planners with respect to ANCC Accreditation criteria. Also is responsible for ensuring all nurse planners hold a current, unencumbered nursing license and a baccalaureate degree or higher in nursing. License status is checked annually by the primary nurse planner. Also responsible for ensuring all nurse planners follow ANCC Accreditation criteria.
If/when planning CNE events, follows all the requirements of American Nurses' Association (ANA) and American Nurses Credential Center (ANCC).
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Master's Degree in Nursing or Master's Degree with undergraduate Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing required and a minimum of five years clinical practice leadership experience within a complex, highly matrixed healthcare setting.
Must possess a current RN license in state of practice.
Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must demonstrate clear understanding of human relations, shared leadership principles, adult learning theories, complex systems principles and basic business principles as related to health care delivery in an acute care setting. Must have a successful track record in the design and implementation of new programs. Requires the ability to create collaborative working relationships. Must demonstrate analytical, problem solving, project management, critical thinking and organizational skills. Requires effective coaching and negotiation skills along with strong presentation and group facilitation skills.
Demonstrates working knowledge of common office software, along with the ability to access, compile, evaluate and use information appropriately. Must organize and convey information in meaningful ways using a variety of electronic media. Requires the ability to learn new technologies and incorporate them as appropriate to further workforce development.
Experience in Magnet(r) or Pathway to Excellence(r) recognition programs preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.