Skin Integrity Nurse RN AdventHealth Care Center Waterman
4501 Waterman Way, Tavares FL 32778
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Waterman
AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Responsible for checking daily assigned mailbox. Responds as required to memos from staff and management regarding skin care issues or requests for assessments.
· Responsible for reviewing daily the 24 hour report and new orders for potential resident condition changes that may require an assessment.
· Attend the following committees daily: Abbreviated Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee, Admission Committee, and Nutritional at Risk (NAR) Committee.
· Attend the following: Patient Care Conference, Nutritional Assessment Committee (NAR) and Care Plan Meeting.
· Responsible for chairing the Skin Care Committee meeting.
· Required to review the Utilization Review Committee (UR) report for potential residents requiring evaluation and/or recommendations.
· Meet with Central Supply coordinator once a week to review the Medication Administration Record (MAR), Treatment Administration Record (TAR), and check supply orders.
· Conduct wound rounds weekly and provide report for rounds weekly to Director of Nursing
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse License in the state hired
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) Certification
The Skin Integrity Nurse assesses, plans, and continuously evaluates the skin conditions of the facility’s existing Resident population and does a baseline skin assessment on new admissions. This is inclusive of assessing wounds and documenting detailed descriptions of the wound or skin condition. Appropriate orders to support recommendations must be written and care planned. Reviews and assesses the Skin Integrity/Wound Care Program for quality improvement.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.