Location Address:7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers.
· Demonstrates appropriate and courteous phone etiquette.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Assists nursing with hourly rounding using the AIDET technique.
· Demonstrates culturally competent care into daily practice.
· Reflects ICBEST practices as a representative of Florida Hospital Carrollwood.
· Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
· Communicates in a timely manner with the appropriate RN as needed.
· Will assist with paper process during and after computer down time.
· Assists with updates to patient white boards.
· Greets new patients and families in timely and courteous manner on arrival.
· Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in assisting with patient flow.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services and when ordering supplies and complies with decisions made for staffing adjustments (i.e. floating).
· The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner (i.e. vital signs, intake/output).
· Assists in maintaining patient skin integrity by:
o Turning and repositioning patient according to policy.
o Notifies nurse if skin breakdown observed.
· Performs accucheks per hospital procedure and documents.
· Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
· Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
· Empties Foley bags, JP’s, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
· Specimen Collection as assigned by RN and following hospital policy for patient identification.
· Takes vital signs, accurate weights, and measures intake/output and documents accurately.
· Transports patients with necessary equipment to destinations within scheduled time frames, observing correct techniques.
· Assists in positioning, lifting, and ambulating patients, using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
· Answers call lights in a timely manner.
· Distributes linen supplies.
· Supports nutritional needs of the patient by:
o Assisting with meal set-up.
o Feeding patients within identified restrictions.
o Documents percent of meal intake including supplements and hs snacks.
o Notifies and documents communication to nurse if patient does not have adequate p.o. intake for meals or snacks, or if the patient is not following fluid restrictions in timely manner.
· Performs proper hand-washing techniques before, during, and after patient care at all times.
· Demonstrates safety in care of patients with restraints:
o Ensures restraints are applied properly according to FHCW policy/procedure.
o Reports any patient behavioral changes to the nurse.
· Demonstrates responsibility for patient safety related to falls.
· Participates in frequent hourly rounding to decrease patient need to use call light system and increase patient safety.
· Places bed alarms on patients at risk for falls.
· Recognizes all patients are on fall risk in the hospital environment:
o Responds immediately to patient bed alarms.
o Responds to call bells in a timely manner.
o Is proactive in meeting all patient needs.
· Adheres to specifics on isolation signage for patients Acts as preceptor for new unit staff members as assigned. Ensures safe and effective handoff communications between care givers.
· Completes all mandatory educational requirements, Completes CNA/NT
Completion of a formal Certified Nursing Assistant, or Medical Assistant education program or Must be currently enrolled in an accredited ASN program (BSN preferred) with transcripts providing for successful completion of fundamentals of nursing course materials.
Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Current Florida Certified Nursing Assistant license validated by Florida Board of Nursing, or current Medical Assistant License (unless currently enrolled in an accredited ASN program with completion of fundamentals of nursing).
Completion of Nurse Tech course at first session possible following orientation.
High School education or equivalent, preferred
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”; conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.