All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Sign-on Bonus of up to $25,000
- Relocation Bonus of up to $10,000
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education(Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- Team Based Nursing Model
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Location: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World – Home to the World Equestrian Center
- Affordable cost of living
- Destination for outdoor enthusiast (golf, kayaking, horseback riding, nature trails)
- Vibrant downtown area with award winning establishments
- Family friendly with many parks and recreations
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- AdventHealth Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of AdventHealth Ocala. Responsible for managing care of assigned patients and guiding and directing the activities of ancillary staff. May function as charge nurse. Functions on the nursing unit as assistant to the physician.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Assesses and analyzes the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner.
- Performs and/or assures completed assessments on all patients admitted within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards.
- Performs on-going assessments and documents according to policy and procedure.
- Plans patient care on assigned unit in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team.
- Directs, implements and coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and documents effectiveness of planned and implemented interventions and strategies in relation to the plan of care within time frames per policy/unit standards. Includes patient and family in the evaluation process.
- Provides appropriate patient assessment and care specific to the needs of the patient populations served (e.g. age groups; patients of size; diagnosis-based).
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities, including Core Measures.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Florida RN License
- BLS and ACLS
- NIHSS Certification (only from AHA or NSA)
- Preferred qualifications:
- 12 Months nursing experience