$1,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
ProHealth Physicians (OptumCare Co) has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Triage RN to join our team in Farmington. The RN triages inbound symptom-based patient calls for patients of all ages: evaluates the clinical nature of the calls and follows the appropriate triage protocol, schedules patient appointments into the practice management system, engages a provider as needed, and documents the call in the electronic health record. Provides support for Medication Management, Clinical Operations, Nursing Education, and Clinical Health and Safety. This a full-time (40 hours per week) position. This position will rotate between 3 days in office (Farmington, CT) and 2 days working from home. Typical hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with possible weekend/evening hours. The RN Triage may be asked to float to physician practices for coverage. The schedule will be determined by the Manager.
- Respond to inbound clinical inquiries and appointment scheduling requests for medical services
- Use approved age appropriate triage protocols to guide clinical triage decisions
- May schedule appointments in practice management system in accordance with triage protocol, scheduling protocols and patient preferences
- Escalate patient calls to a provider as necessary based on triage protocol
- Document clinical work as required and communicate to the appropriate parties for follow-up and/or resolution
- Follow departmental policies & procedures, workflow guidelines and escalation processes at all times
- Manage medication orders as assigned
- Review and maintain clinical task buckets including prescription renewals
- Provide clinical support to practices as directed by clinical leadership
- Ensure that all actions comply with relevant guidelines protecting personal and health information (e.g., HIPAA requirements)
- Participate in organization’s clinical training requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education
- Current, unrestricted RN License in the State of Connecticut
- 1+ years of professional nursing experience in an Acute or Primary Care setting
- 1+ years of Clinical Triage Nursing experience
- Basic computer knowledge and aptitude
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Nursing preferred (BSN/MSN)
- Electronic health record - AllScripts
- Customer service experience, experience in a call center environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.