|Minimum Requirements || |
1. Master’s of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from an accredited institution
2. Three years of recent, relevant full-time clinical experience in Nursing, preferably in an acute care
setting within the past five years.
3. Current Michigan Licensure as a Registered Nurse or eligibility to obtain Michigan RN licensure
prior to start date.
4. Evidence of continuing professional development.
5. Demonstrates excellent human relations skills.
6. Understanding of and commitment to community college teaching, mission and philosophy.
7. Innovative, flexible and positive teaching style and understanding the needs of students from
8. Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
9. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions percentages, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
10. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
11. Technology Skills: Ability to integrate computer applications into teaching.
12. Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to
instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and college objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with students, peers, staff, and administrators; skill in oral and written communication.
* A foreign degree must be certified, at the candidate’s expense, by a professional evaluation service.
|Additional Desirable Qualifications || |
1. Teaching experience at community college level.
2. Clinical experience in medical surgical settings.
3. Familiarity with use of computer-based instruction, distance learning, learning technologies, competency-based instruction and modularized courseware.
4. Has experience or has demonstrated commitment to teaching, mentoring, and/or engaging in services for students from underrepresented communities.
5. Has demonstrated knowledge of barriers for students from underrepresented communities and
experience in addressing disproportionate impact at an institution.
6. Has experience in or has demonstrated commitment in facilitating students from underrepresented communities in navigating a higher education institution.
7. Has experience or has demonstrated commitment to integrating elements of culturally relevant and inclusive pedagogy.
|Physical Requirements/Working Conditions || |
1. The employee must be able to move about 2/3 of the time and be stationary about 1/3 of the time. S/he is required to be mobile around campus for participant involvement/activities.
2. S/he must be able to converse with individuals on a regular basis with the ability to read, analyze, and interpret their needs via phone conversations, face-to-face conversations, or written documentation.
3. The employee must be able to utilize all programs on a computer independently and efficiently
(particularly the internet, Word, and the student database).
4. S/he must be able to present information in an instructional setting and respond to questions from groups.
5. Must be able to tolerate frequent exposure to a wide variety of chemicals which are common to the industry. Must be able to handle and mix chemicals properly and safely; and wear appropriate gloves and other personal protective equipment.
Unique Aspects of Job:
1. Fast-paced environment interacting with multi-cultural students with varied educational back
2. This position is in a program that receives funding from the Perkins grant; therefore, incumbents
must maintain their licensure as a condition of employment.
3. In addition, for clinical requirements, incumbents must keep their health records updated,
which includes required immunizations and annual TB testing, as well as CPR/BCLS certifications.