Location: Miami, Florida
Our Cardiac Care Center has open positions! Part Time, Full Time, Day & Night shift available. We are looking for experienced CICU nurses. Apply today!
Responsible for the planning and delivery of care utilizing nursing processes, assessment, implementation and evaluation. Oversees the plan of care, utilizes effective problem solving strategies, and applies evidence based practice. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated Hospital and Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director and has passion for learning, provides compassionate, and family centered care for Cardiac Care Center patients
Job Specific Duties
- Ensures completion of patient admission history and prepares and accurately completes the discharge planning process accurately as per department and Hospital policies and procedures.
- Plans, implements, and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Provides nursing care that includes IV site monitoring, specimen collection, and assists medical team with specific procedures.
- Follows physician’s orders, administers, and reconstitutes medications when needed. Adheres to six rights of medication administration per medication administration policy.
- Collaborates and rounds with a multi-disciplinary team in daily care planning rounds, as appropriate, and fosters a Family Centered Care Environment.
- Utilizes electronic innovations such as new telephones to provide efficient patient care and attends to patient call lights in a manner that promotes patient safety per Hospital policy.
- Ensures proper and safe sedation administration to patients and monitors recovery as per the sedation policy and procedure.
- Provides superior patient care by meeting attendance & communication standards. Ensures his/her behavior meets/exceeds acceptable service standards (SI scores). Supports Service Recovery Prog.
- Completes all nursing multi-system assessment that includes head to toe, vitals, dressing changes, suction, feeding, bathing, and repositioning.
- Ensures appropriate restraint orders, use, and documentation as required by sedation policy and procedure.
- Ensures proper and safe wound care as required by wound care policy and procedures.
- Accesses electronic health record independently according to Hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Communicates and documents critical lab results per Hospital policy and procedures.
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input and communicate any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Promotes an “error free” working environment by consistently providing high-quality safe care as prompted.
- Assesses all body systems, ensure safe, efficient care, while ensuring no medication errors, avoidance of falls, prevention of central line infections, ouch-free procedural pain & pain reduction.
- Provides patient information and effectively completes the hand off process at shift change and patient reassignments.
- Demonstrates proper personal protective equipment (PPE) indication and use.
- Actively participates in the nursing governance council and unit based activities.
- Meets or exceeds unit standards in achieving a 95% CEI; completes documentation in a timely manner; accountable to regulatory and requirements of the DNV, CMS, DOH & other accrediting agencies.
Minimum Job Requirements
- RN - Registered Nurse RN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- PALS - American Heart Association PALS must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 1 year
- ACLS - American Heart Association ACLS must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 1 year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- Career Development: National Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN or CCRN) within 5 years of hire preferred.
- Nursing experience in a Pediatric healthcare ICU setting preferred.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an RN in ICU environment preferred.
- Experience in congenital heart defects preferred.
- Possesses proficiency in computers and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred.
- Analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to positively influence, hold self, and others accountable.
- Works effectively in collaborative environment.
- Ability to apply principles of evidence-based practice, analytical thinking, and service excellence in practice.
- Float to various nursing units while maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service.
- Coverage for on-call assignments per departmental and Hospital policy.
Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
CARDIAC CRITICAL CARE-2100-620030