Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
- The Nurse Technician role provides the experienced nursing student the opportunity to gain practical experience in nursing in a realistic professional environment.
- The Nurse Technician is responsible for assisting in the delivery of both direct and indirect nursing care under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- The Nurse Technician position provides intensive training to utilize nursing skills while working closely with unit mentors, preceptors, nurses, nursing assistants, and internship coordinators.
- SCCA provides the opportunity for the Nurse Technician to learn the many facets of oncology, immunotherapy, and blood and marrow transplant (BMT) nursing care and work in a fast-paced acute ambulatory setting providing high-acuity patient care and using interdepartmental integration for comprehensive and patient-centered care.
- The skills list completed and provided by the academic nursing school provides a guide for the activities for which the Nurse Technician is trained and achieved competency during their academic training. Using the skills list, the Nurse Technician works closely with nursing staff to provide appropriate and safe care to patients.
- Works closely with and follows the primary role and responsibilities of the Certified Nursing Assistants, in addition to performing additional clinical skills for which the Nurse Technician received training and achieved competencies during their academic training (list must be provided by the school during application; refer to NA-C job description for details).
- Performs patient flow and rooming-in activities
- Completes bay turnaround activities in preparation for next patients
- Tests equipment such as wall oxygen, suction, otoscope, and ophthalmoscope
- Engages in fall prevention strategies, such as patient mobilization, safe lift operation, and gait assessment
- Uses standard OSHA safety precaution and infection prevention per SCCA guidelines
- Demonstrates therapeutic and interpersonal communication skills
- Performs basic medical/technical skills such as vital signs, weight, or orthostatic vital signs and understands the parameters and implications of abnormal results
- Performs 12 lead EKG
- Documents care in the electronic medical record
- Maintains HIPAA compliance
- Serves as Pharmacy courier
- Performs additional tasks and skills as trained and/or assigned by nursing staff
- Willingness to participate in process improvement initiatives
- Ability to appropriately respond to emergencies or disasters per clinic protocol
- Proficient in email and word processing system
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex healthcare environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to operate telephone and other communication devices
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) in a clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills
- Preferred - Strong interest in oncology nursing
- Currently enrolled in an Accredited BSN or ADN nursing program. Must be in good standing and status in the nursing program. Candidates must have completed at least two quarters of a clinical rotation.
- Knowledge of human growth and development to modify care to age and developmental stage of the patient.
- Training skills checklist signed by faculty member of the nursing program.
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider Card (or equivalent course, such as by the American Red Cross) and renewal required every two yearsActive Nursing Technician Registration through Washington State DOH prior to attending the new hire orientation session.
- Attending senior year of nursing school in an accredited nursing program preferred
- Currently we are hiring for the June 2023 Orientation. We have the following start dates available:
- Monday, June 12th, 2023; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm or
- Monday, June 26th, 2023: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Virtual onboarding hours required during first two weeks (Epic classes, LMS, CITI training)
- Positions are available in Infusion departments on all shifts, including weekends and holidays and our BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant) department on dayshift Monday - Friday, limited weekend shifts available.
- Per diem position schedule during school year (Sept - June, 32-hours in a 4-week period)
- Full-time during summer required (32 - 40 hours a week)
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is $26.34, which includes the per diem differential, and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees access to a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program, and paid sick leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.