Licensed Practical Nurse LPN – Specialty Care Practices – AdventHealth Medical Group
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to 2K Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person & Mental Health Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift: Monday-Friday 7am-7pm availability, will work an 8hr shift between these hours
Location: Locations throughout Palm Coast, Ormond Beach, and Daytona Beach
The role you’ll contribute:
The office nurse is a registered or licensed healthcare professional providing patient care, and other assigned duties, under the direction of the physician and/or nurse manager in compliance with established standards and protocols of the practice and AdventHealth – East Region goals and objectives.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Escorts patients from waiting area into exam room. Documents brief history of reason for visit and obtains and records vital signs following traditional techniques.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician.
- Documents and administers immunizations and therapeutic injections, as well as medications, under the supervision of the physician.
- Schedules patients for procedures, diagnostic testing or specialists, as directed by the physician.
- Performs venipuncture and stat lab work, as ordered by the physician, during the patient visit. Prepares specimens for outside lab testing.
- Relays laboratory and x-ray results to patients, via telephone or mail, as directed by the physician. Maintains a log of diagnostic tests, ordered and received, as well as notification of patient.
- Provides follow-up by telephoning patient/family to check on condition.
- Telephones or faxes prescription requests to pharmacies as directed by the physician.